Tuesday 29 September 2009

A Marvin Gaye mixtape...


Now I'll be completely honest, I didn't like the sound of this (before I'd heard it) just because it could have gone so wrong. I mean this is music that you shouldn't mess about with right? Well Jimbo Jones initially thought the same but went for it anyway and I'm glad he did.

It's more "blended" than mixed and it's all done in a very sensitive way, with a lot of style to be perfectly honest. There are some points where rap accapellas have been used (again, I know it sounds worrying) but it all holds together well. Check the vids below for a few samples:





The whole thing is up for download at the link below and if you like it and want to show your appreciation head over to Jimbo Jones' Convenience Store.

DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment