Sunday 21 February 2010

Jay Electronica in Oxford

This has got to be the biggest hip hop event that's happened in recent times. The boys from Wordplay have sorted this out, and it took me by surprise at first. They have booked Jay Electronica at the O2 Academy in Oxford.

The big tune that has taken the net/world by storm was Exhibit C of course, and if you look into my previous posts it's there somewhere. The Facebook page for the Oxford event is here amd you can buy tickets by hitting this link. I'll see you down the front.



To prepare you for the gig I thought I'd stick up this mix that entirely consists of Jay Elec material, it's worth checking believe me. You can stream or download it by clicking HERE. I can't take credit for it but I'm not sure who put it together originally.

I'm glad to say that one of the support acts is Chima Anya of local crew GTA. He's promoting his album which is due out this year, he's a nice guy, a fully qualified doctor and thankfully in this context, an ill MC.

Here's something that will give you an idea of what he's about.

1 comment:

  1. Shout out Grande!! They should have put you on the bill too sir!!

    ReplyDelete